Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rant....

Warning - positive thoughts do not follow!
I still do not have a surgery date. I'm very frustrated!! I thought the insurance approval would be the hard part. It's been almost three weeks since I was approved. I've called the surgeon's office several times and finally Wednesday they called me back to say they schedule the surgeries in the order they are received. I was originally told 2-3 days and it's been three weeks.
I'm trying to remain positive - but I don't think it's working. The biggest problem is that I keep finding myself eating bad b/c I keep thinking I should eat it now because I won't be able to soon. But soon isn't getting here quick enough. I did buy some protein shakes today to start drinking this week - maybe they will help me focus until I get my date.
I hate that I'm being so self absorbed, especially when others are receiving far worse news. I just feel sooooooo close, but sooooooooooo far away!!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there...remember that surgery is just the first step, and in my opinion it's the easiest part! It's the work that comes later that takes some doing. You will get you date and your life will begin to change in some awesome ways! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh....what a bummer! I would be the squeaky wheel ( pain in the ass ) and call everyday! Their system makes no sense to me. Hope you find out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about the insurance system in the US as I'm self pay in the UK but that doesn't sound great, how hard is it to give a date?
    Hope that you get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with Ms. Vickie...sometimes you have to put your foot down and be the bad guy. Doctor's offices don't care...they will make you wait. You should definitely call everyday and let them know that your frustrated and you have been waiting almost 3 weeks when they told you 2-3 days. If it was me I would go into the office and demand to speak with whoever is in charge. I am a nurse so I don't have much patience when physicians offices act like that...there is no reason for it! Its a date not brain surgery! Hang in there and your big day will come soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete