Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NSV's

I haven't wanted to put down my weight goals - until I get closer to surgery date. I have been thinking about NSV 's I want to achieve and how awesome they will feel when I get there. No particular order --- except for number 1.
1. Sleep without a CPAP machine - or my snuffalupagus mask as one of my BFF's kindly calls it!!
2. Wear jeans without an elastic waste band - except maybe jeggings - I'd love to pull those off.
3. Wear high heels.
4. Size 18's.
5. Size 12's.
6. Weigh less than my hubby.
7. Walk up a flight off steps without getting winded.
8. Walk a 5K.
9. Run a mile.
10. Run a 5K.
11. Enjoy bath time --- (explanation - this is the time my husband and I use to re-group on Friday nights when we are super busy and don't have time for date night --- and get your mind out of the gutter it's not all about doing the nasty. It's not that I don't enjoy it now, but I'd like to get rid of the insecurities that go through my head). Hope that's not TMI!!
12. Wear a bathing suit that isn't a swimdress.
13. Get on a roller coaster without the fear of not fitting -- yes this happened to me one -- I had to move to a plus size seat at Busch Gardens Williamsburg --- totally mortifying.
14. Not have to quietly ask for a seat belt extender when I fly.
15. Shop at Victoria's Secret.
16. Walk without my thighs rubbing together.
17. Have someone not recognize me.
18. Dance like a rock star!!
Well, that's all I can think of for now. I hate that it's not an even number, but I'm sure I will have even more than these!
Thanks to all my fabulous followers - your words of support are super. My hubby is still amazed that I'm blogging and that I actually have followers, but then again it took him over a year to adopt the facebook craze and now he is addicted. Maybe he'll start a blog next.

5 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I am looking for a swimdress in size 8-10 for this summer. I still have "butt legs." I swear the area between my legs look like a butt. I have to cover it up. I hope you have better luck with skin issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals!! Sometimes in life, it's not always about "the number", but what "the number" signifies!!

    You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love every single one of these goals on your list! And....they are all totally do-able too. You can do this! I believe in you! Refer back to this list often to remind yourself what you are working towards!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your date! I am newly banded as well (Nov 2010) so I know where you're coming from. Wishing you the best journey and glad I can follow you on it!

    Sandi
    http://myonetimeatbandcamp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you on most - especially #1. I am addicted to my CPAP but at the same time I can't stand that I need it. I do get a good night sleep but hate having to take it with me everywhere - it takes up half my suitcase on business trips.

    ReplyDelete